Skip to Main Content
Questions regarding your account, circulation policies, fines, and renewing materials.
Reference & Information
Welcome to this ENG102 library guide
This guide was designed to support students enrolled in ENG102; however, others conducting research might also find the content useful. Here is the basic format:
- Find Articles -- How to access articles from the library databases
- Find Books -- How to access electronic and physical books, including reference books
- Find Video/Images -- How to access the library's film and art resources and databases. How to find images.
- Website Evaluation -- Tips for evaluating the quality of found resources
- Google: Enhanced Searching -- More effective Google searching.
- Primary Versus Secondary Sources - Explains the difference between primary and secondary sources. Provides links and tips to searching primary sources in the GCC Library databases.
- Specific Assignments -- Advice on specific types of writing (i.e argument, cause and effect) or to find resources and instructions for specific sections of ENG102, listed by assignment title and instructor's last name.
- Citation Assistance -- Guide and citation tools for MLA, APA, and Chicago citation styles
- Ask a Librarian -- Available research assistance
Dreamingyakker. "Pencil, Composition Book," Flickr Creative Commons, 5 March 2006.